Sunday, July 27, 2008

India Fest



This weekend I went to yet another festivel. I must say I really love this city for that. During the summer there is always something to see or do on the weekends. Of course, nothing even remotely close to Toronto, but still nice.

Anyway, this weekend it was the India Fest. It was the first time that they held it outside, instead of inside the Covent Market, and it was nice. Not as many booths as I would have liked, but the entertainment was good, as was the food! Especially the Mango Lassi. I don't know if any of you have tried it, but if you haven't please do! It's simply delicious! I found a recipe on the foodnetwork so that you could try it too. If you don't have access to fresh mango, you can use mango pulp instead.

Mango Lassi by Jamie Oliver
Yield: 4

This Indian drink is like a mango milkshake and is delicious.

Ingredients:
Mango Lassi

* 255 ml plain yogurt
* 130 ml milk
* 3 mango, stone removed, sliced
* 4 tsp sugar, to taste
* salt, (optional)
* cardamom, seeds, (optional)

Directions:
Mango Lassi

1. Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve.
2. Feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds.
3. The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.

© Jamie Oliver 2002 http://www.jamieoliver.com

Please try!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a different note, I have a friend who recently found out I do a bit of sewing on the side, and said she would love something that I've sewn. That's all fine and good, but I have no idea what to make! I know I want to sew something easy, quick and something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any ideas? All would be very welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment