Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rosary

My boyfriend has a rosary hanging from the rear view mirror of his car. He's had it for a number of years but last summer the Jesus fell off of his cross and we finally found him underneath the driver's car seat. Since that rosary has sentimental value I thought it would be nice to make him one to put in his car so that he can put his older one away as a keepsake. I've been telling him that I would make him one for a while now so I decided today would be the day.

I went to a local bead store, which by the way is way too cute! And I got a great bargain! She had many of the things 50-75% off so the rosary in it's entirety, including a crimper, only cost $30. That includes a sterling silver crucifix, and a sterling silver Madonna rosary centre. Plus the lady working there was so nice and showed me what I would need to complete it, since I have zero experience in jewelry making, not counting of course a macaroni necklace I made in grade one.

Personally I think it looks amazing and I hope my boyfriend likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment