Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bedside table lamps

I stumbled upon two bedside lamps a few weeks ago at a local thrift store.When I laid my eyes on them all I could see was how much potential they had and for only $11 for both I knew I couldn't pass this up. The body is a beautiful ceramic in teal, but the lamp shades have seen better days. The bottom hardware is an unfortunate gold colour. My plan is to paint the gold parts silver and to finish both lamp shades with coffee filter florets like the inspiration picture I have added. I can't wait to get both lamps done!


Thrift store find
My inspiration

Another piece of good news is that I finally found the spray paint colour I have been looking for to paint the mirror frame. I had a 50% off one regular item coupon for Michaels so I made my way over there today. I found the perfect shade of robin's egg blue for only $5.50.  More to come later!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment