Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ojo de Dios

Last week I was surfing the net and stumbled upon Jay Mohler's amazing Ojo de Dios art. I couldn't stop looking at it and kept going through the pictures in his Etsy shop. Then I found this gem, a general instruction guide to how Mohler makes his stunning pieces. Of course after having discovered these instructions I had no choice but to give it a try. I bought two dowels and cut them in half so that I had eight rods in total. Then I went through the stash of acrylic yarn I already had in my possession. The rest, as they say, is history. I love the way it turned out.

Ojo de Dios

Ojo de Dios

The whole piece took me about three days to complete and a lot of yarn. I had to unwind a few times because I was unhappy with the way it was looking but in the end it was worth the extra work. Maybe later on I will add the embroidering that Mohler adds to his pieces but for now I will call mine done.

I encourage you all to give it a try!

Until next time,


1 comment: