Sunday, June 10, 2012

Knitting life lessons

Still holding up after 3 years
SAM_1478
Originally uploaded by lizsmail_00
I have already begun to pack for our move to Calgary even though it isn't until August. As I'm hand washing all of the hand made knit wear before storing it away I stumble across this cowl. It was the very first cowl I knit. I believe it was the first time I didn't knit a hat (which by the way is still my favourite item to knit). I finished this cowl three years ago and it is still going strong. But as I take a closer look at it I notice that all my stitches are twisted. It just reminded me that although practice may not make perfect, practice does make progress. I no longer knit with twisted stitches and have since tackled bigger and more advanced projects. But it also made me think that in life we make mistakes along the way but if we persevere eventually we'll get it right. I really needed that reminder today.

Until next time,









You can find the pattern for this cowl here: Dolores Park Cowl 

2 comments: